Friday 1 September 2017

***CSI Case File 237***



Hi all,

Its September 1st and time for a new case file here at CSI - Color Stories Inspiration!

I cant believe its already September, the summer holidays seem to have flown by. I love autumn time but I hate the children going back to school, I do like having them at home. 
This case file is perfect for my thoughts with the school educational theme to it. I used a photo of my son from his last year in Primary school. He looks so young to me in that photo now but at the time he looked so grown up. Another year goes by and he's off to secondary school and then now another year on and he's a young man! They grow up so quickly in that 2 year period, I am dreading my daughter getting to that point, I will make the most of it now! LOL


Here is my interpretation of the case file....







And here is the case file. As its the 1st of the month the case file comes with a sketch too! 






All colours were used from the scheme. Some colours were used more then others. The red colour is in the mist splats in the background and the dotted line on top of one of the journal cards. The green colour is in the pattern on the BoBunny floral/foliage paper.



My evidence used:


* Grid pattern
* stripes
* people images
* Washi Tape
* school themed stuff


My Testimony:


* Topic: School or something you've learnt






Here are some close and details.....




These journal cards came in the perfect colours or this case file and my photo! The red dotted line can be seen on the top of the 'today' card. The Stash Panache badges were perfect, loved those, from my stash I'd been hoarding for ages! 




The Dusty Attic title was simply painted with a couple of coats from a colour in the Prima metallic set.
My papers had both torn and straight cut edges to add texture and detail. The black papers from the Art of Life collection made my photo pop out from the design.




These brads added a different detail and fun finish along with my stapled papers. My background paper was splattered with a red colour from the Metallic set.




I used 2 different washi tapes torn of the roll and layered up under my papers to add new layers and to blend the edges of the design out. The red colour is also on the washi tape. 




I finished off the design by using a blue colour from the Metallic set with some water and did a wash around the edge of my design to make it pop! I then did a little splatting on the background with the same colour.





Products used in this layout: 


Papers

* Blue Fern Studio: Seaside Cottage: Voyage
* Kaisercraft: Art Of Life: Remember
* Kaisercraft: Art of Life: Brave
* BoBunny: Welcome Home: Home Dreams

Other: 

* Prima: ATC Cards: All About Me #970949
* Teresa Collins: Memorabilia: Decorative Brads
* Washi Tape x2 ( the print one is Tim Holtz)
* Dusty Attic: Word Pack #17 DA1273J
* Stash Panache: Bijou Buttons: take Note Chalkboard
* Prima Wood Icons: Borders set: ruler
* Prima Wood Icons set: Stationers Desk
* Prima Metallic Accents Set Semi watercolour cake: pastels (the red & blue background splatting and the gold on the wood embellishments)
* stapler







We're so excited to have eight generous sponsors this month! Our sponsors are among the best in the crafting industry, offering unique and trendy products.






The deadline for completing this Case File is Saturday, September 30, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Be sure to link your layout on the CSI blog using the link tool in the sidebar, and mention the Evidence and Testimony clues you used. Also, please title your link with your name and country.


          Major Case File No. 237 - Deadline: September 30, 2017



You can find the CSI blog here...




Thank you for stopping by today, I cant wait to see what you come up with!


Ginny :)




No comments:

Post a Comment