Saturday 15 July 2017

Mid Month challenge at Scrap Our Stash

Hello, its time for the second part of my Guest Designer Spot here at Scrap Our Stash for July!

I am back with my layout for July Sketch challenge using the word ‘FIREWORKS’.

I really enjoyed creating the layout for this sketch!

Here it is.....





And here is the super sketch that inspired it!






The July Sketch is teamed up with the word ‘FIREWORKS’. The idea is to use a stash item for each letter of the word FIREWORKS. Here are my stash items I used for each of the letters: -



F: Flowers

I: Ink (paper edges)

R: Rosette

E: Embossing Powder (on title chipboard)

W: Wood

O: Outdoors (photo)

R: Rhinestones

K: Kaisercraft (papers)

S: Seed Beads



I really enjoyed doing this one, my colours were inspired from a colour combo photo I had seen, so after rummaging through my papers I came up with these Kaisercraft papers 50 Cents, these gorgeous patterns look fabulous layered up. I do love to add a little mixed media to my layouts and this one has a little! I created the background ‘circle’ from the sketch with gesso applied with a palette knife. I have a rhinestone circle on top of that. My chipboard title was altered with embossing powder. My edges have all been distressed and inked with Frayed Burlap, and in the background, I have added mists and seed beads. The layout is finished off with the flowers clusters, buttons, rosette and wood icons. The ‘outdoor’ photo is my DD riding a few years ago, we used to trundle through the lanes picking flowers as we went!







I had these sweet little wooden rocking horses in my stash from a wood icon Christmas collection but thought they worked perfectly for this LO!
The gorgeous shabby teal buttons are from my bead stash, I actually had these to make jewellery with but they just seemed to scream at me to use on here!




I have used wound up ribbons and twines in my embellishment clusters to add texture and detail with the rosette and the Petaloo flowers.





Here you can see the rhinestone circle with the grit paste stencilled dots and antique Gold mist in the background. The seed beads also add a little bit of extra colour and detail.
Applying the gesso with a palette knife like I have on the background circle on this layout gives a completely different look compared to brushing it on with a paint brush or doing something with a stencil.




I do love this Kaisercraft collection 50 Cents. I loved the colours mixed with the browns from the pony I the photo and highlighted with some extra Teal. The patterns on the papers gives a lovely country feel too! You can also see the Izink splats in this photo too.






This is the embossed title, whilst heating the black embossing powder I dropped the gold frantage into it so it melted and blended together at the same time.




My layers are popped up with cardboard which enabled me to be able to push the wood icon borders into the layers for full effect.




Products Used on this layout



Kaisercraft: 50 Cents: Guinea
Kaisercraft: 50 Cents: Sovereign
Kaisercraft: 50 Cents: Farthing
Kaisercraft: 50 Cents: Sixpence
Kaisercraft: 50 Cents: Dime
Prima Marketing: Color Bloom: Antique Gold
Prima Marketing: Color Bloom: Soft Teal
Prima Marketing: Wood Icons: Sunrise Sunset #960223
Pigment Izink: Turquoise
Personal Impressions: Embossing Powder Opaque Black
Stamendous: Frantage Embossing Enamel: Shabby Old Gold
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Broken China
Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste
Tim Holtz: Die: rossettes
Gesso
Clear Gesso
BoBunny: Double Dot Jewels: mocha
Seed Beads
Petaloo: Botanica: Vintage Velvet: Dogwood; Teal
Kars 'Make Me' Funny Fibres
Buttons
Wood Icons: Christmas



I have really enjoyed being a guest designer here at Scrap Our Stash this month and seeing what you are all creating. I hope I have inspired you with this month’s challenges!
Please come and join us at Scrap Our Stash!



Thanks for visiting my blog today.


Ginny  :)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment