Monday 12 June 2017

Let's 'Scrap the Girls'!

Hello crafty friends!

It's been a few days since my last post but here we are with a June Challenge entry!

When I saw this sketch for the 'Scrap The Girls' June Challenge, I knew I had to do it, it was right up my street!


Here is my layout entry:





And here is the Sketch and link to the Scrap The Girls Challenge blog
.






A beautiful sketch...yes?

So I kept very much to the sketch, using beautiful flowing flowers to frame the side of the circle. I tried to use my imagination with what I created my circle with and used a Kaisercraft Stencil with Distress Grit Paste.

So lets get on with some close ups and details!



On this layout all my flowers were from Wild Orchid Crafts here in the UK. These are beautiful paper flowers in a wide variety of types.
And the gorgeous patterned paper is by..... yes, you've guessed it.....Blue Fern Studios. This one coming from the Courtship Lane collection.




I have used several dies on this layout too. The Ivy die is from Joanna Sheen Signature dies. This is such a good size die but perfect for cutting up into smaller pieces too. I have used mine whole so give a lovely sweeping feel to the arrangement.




I have used another swirly flourish leaf die, this one is I think is a Memory Box die. I cut it out from white cardstock and then inked the edges with Weathered Wood distress Ink. 





The stencil I used for the circle was from The Crafters Workshop. It is a 12 x 12 stencil. I have found an image of it curtesy of Google. Its quite a handy stencil with some interesting feature s on it for backgrounds.

Image result for the crafters workshop 12x12 stencils


I used Tim Holtz Distress Grit paste with the stencil. You should all be aware of my love for this product by now! Lol.  You can see from the photos it has given the effect of  concrete slabs!




I have used a couple of different dies for matting behind my photo, to give a much more soft feminine backing then just straight forward cardstock matting. These were cut with scrap patterned papers in different cream colours. Again I'm not entirely sure of the brand of these dies as they came from my Mum. Any die with a pretty edge could be used for this purpose though. If anyone would like to know which dies they are then just leave me a message in the comments and I will ask my Mum!




The only mixed media I used on my layout was some splatters of Blue Smoke mist, a lovely dark blue mist from Perfect Pearls, which matches the distress ink perfectly and some gesso splattered over the page too!




The photo was matted with a very thin white cardstock before the pretty die shapes were put behind it, mainly just to make the photo a bit more sturdy. It was then popped up onto some cardboard to lift it off the page to give dimension and because I like to poke flowers under my layers so they look like they are coming out from underneath the photo as well as having some on top.




So the girls in the photo? ......... well that's me and a 'bestie friend' on holiday last year in Suffolk, East Anglia, UK





Products used on this layout


* Blue fern Studio: Courtship Lane: Town Gossip
* Bazzil: Cardstock: Textured Dot: Salt
Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink Pad: Weathered Wood
Perfect Pearls: Mist: Blue Smoke
Prima Marketing: Chalk Ink Pad: Pastel Peach
Kaisercraft: Word Dies: Beautiful Moment
Kaisercraft: Pearls: pink
Gesso
Joanna Sheen: Signature dies: Ivy Flourish
Wild Orchid Crafts: Wild Roses: Ivory
Wild Orchid Crafts: Apple Blossoms: Pastel tones
Wild Orchid Crafts: Miniture Sweetheart Blossoms: Pink tones



Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I love reading all your comments :)


Ginny  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment