Monday 15 May 2017

*** CSI- color stories inspiration, Case File 230 ***

  • YAY!
  • It's time for a new case file!!!


And what a gorgeous one it is - I LOVED this one!!

So lets show you our CSI - Color Stories Inspiration mid month case file board.




Gorgeous, right?!

Here is my layout.






Here's how I solve the Case File


* All 5 colours were used;


EVIDENCE USED:

* Watercolour
* Flowers/plants
* Butterflies
* Rhinestones
* Wood


MY TESTIMONY:

* Topic: Journal about a group gathering

* Presentation: Tuck your journaling into a layered embellishment (My journaling is rolled up in a lace roll and tie with a ribbon nestled in my embellishment cluster)




As soon as I saw this case file I knew which photos I wanted to use. I had to find a way to make the 2 photos I had work in the layout. Each photo had parts to it that wouldn't have fitted in, so I decided to fussy cut the photos and this thought then led to a mixed media layout!
The next step was the papers, after a browse through my loose papers I found this paper by Basic Grey and had that 'yes this is it' moment!



This photo shows the paper clay flowers and maple leaves created with the moulds.
The flowers were made with white paper clay and then painted them with the Wimberry Pie Acrylic paint and some liquid pearl for the centre. The flowers were made with the coloured paper clays, mixing a tiny piece of blue with the yellow to get the soft green colour. These then a brush of the 'White Noise' metallic to give them a soft sheen.


On my mixed media background I used two stencils with the grit paste, splashes of gesso and the Wimberry Pie paint. I then used 2 colours from the Metallic set ( Ultra violet/ blue aura) mixed together to get the colour as near as I could to the scheme colour, to wash and splatter over the 2 background areas of interest on my layout. I then used seed beads, sequins, lace flowers and rhinestones with gel medium, and to add further interest I used some Card-io peg stamps, a butterfly and flower with grey staz on ink and shaded lilac ink to meet the colour and evidence brief.


The Chipboard title was simply painted with the Wimberry Pie paint. The gesso splatter that went on after just blends the word into the layout a little. I used a stamp and the shaded lilac ink to create the balloons on white cardstock and then fussy cut them out, and added the detail with the metallic again.
I added balloons because balloons were released as part of the celebrations as explained in my journaling.


I drew strings on my balloons with my Micron Pigma black pen.


My journaling is written on a piece of paper (inked edges) which I then added a lovely piece of lace to the outside. This was then rolled up with the lace on the outside with a ribbon to tie around it to keep it rolled up. This was then glued into my embellishment cluster making sure it was glued so that the roll would still unravel to be read, as you can see in the next photo!




My journaling reads:
' Holly's last year at Sticky Fingers nursery she had the lead role in their end of year paly. She played the role of the princess in 'The Princess and the Pea'. Her prince was **Smith. we bought her this amazing dress as her 'rags to riches' dress to change into when she became the princess. She looked stunning in it. It was an amazing play and we were so proud of her! Afterwards we all went outside and released lots of balloons into the summer sky to celebrate one of the staff members on their last day - July 2013'




Products used on this layout:

* Basic Grey: Paper: Wisteria Gazebo
* Memory Box: stencil: Sprinkle Dot
* Prima Marketing: stencil:
* Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste
* Lace
* White card
* Indigo Blu: English Cottage Artists Acrylic Paint: Wimberry Pie
* Staz On: Ink: Dove Grey
* Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Shaded Lilac
* Matte Gel
* Liquid Pearls: Lavender Lace
* Seed Beads: Pink
* Prima Marketing: Royal Menagerie: Chipboards & Mace: Sequins
* Martha Stewart: Silicone Moulds: Flowers
* Martha Stewart: Silicone Moulds: Leaves
* Martha Stewart: Paper Clay: White
* Lace Flowers
* Crystal Rhinestones
* Dusty Attic: Chipboard: Word Pack #4 DA10772
* Prima Marketing: Metallic Accents: Semi- watercolour cake: white noise
* Prima Marketing: Metallic Accents: semi- watercolour Cake: Ultra violet
* Prima Marketing: Metallic Accents: Semi-watercolour cake: Blue Aura
* Card-io stamps: Oriental Blossom Peg stamps
* Micron Pigma Black Pen



Thanks for stopping by today,

Don't forget to stop by the CSI blog to see what the other Design Team members came up with for this case file here   http://csichallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ 



Ginny  :)



























No comments:

Post a Comment