Sunday 2 April 2017

Let's Get Sketchy Design Team - April 1st Challenge

Hello Everyone!

I've some fabulous NEWS!

So here I am with my first layout for the Let's Get Sketchy Design Team!
I am so excited to be joining this team of designers and giving you inspiration each month with their sketch challenges. 


Here is the April 1st Challenge sketch made by Brenshevia.






And here is my take on the sketch!




Here are the close up's and the details!



I used the pretty collection from Maja Design called Fika for this layout. These papers to me naturally want inking and distressing and making into vintage papers, browns seem to compliment them so well. You can see I have heavily distressed my paper edges and used these distressed areas to highlight a different patterned paper (the reverse of the strips I had cut of my floral paper to layer it on my background paper)


My photos have been matted and the edges distressed and inked too. The two larger photos are popped up with cardboard (or use foam pads) to add some depth and allow for some embellishments/flower to be poked underneath.


I used some very cute and delicate Wycinanka laser cut floral circles covered in a white embossing powder. These I wanted to flow down the page amongst the other embellishments.



I also had some of this purple wire which I twisted some strands up into circles to add behind my flowers and to add interest.



I chose a piece of lace to fit in with my vintage feel and pushed it under the top edge of my central gap in the floral paper.


The title is another Wycinanka piece covered with white embossing powder.



These photos were taken back in 2014 but I love them because my DS doesn't always want to cuddle up for a photo with his Mum and Sister, especially now he is a bit older!



The flowers I have dabbed with Picket fence white paint dabber. I also used some drops of white Nuvo  around the layout and then splashed some white paint over the layout to finish.



Products used on this layout.


* Maja Design: Fika: Karleksmums
* Maja Design: Fika: Blommor PA Borden
Wycinanka: Enjoy
Wycinanka: Bot. Hcircle
Prima Marketing: Flowers: Avante Berry #566616
Tim Holtz: Distress Paint: Picket Fence
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
Purple wire
Live & Love Crafts: Lace
Live & Love Crafts Green Roses
Nuvo Crystal Drops: Gloss White
Petaloo: Hydrangeas
Stampendous: Embossing Powder: Detail White
Green Bud Stems
Corner Punch
Prima Distressing Tool



I hope you have enjoyed visiting my blog today and seeing my first post for Let's Get Sketchy!
Please feel free to leave comments, I love to hear your thoughts!
Don't forget to hop over to the Let's Get Sketchy Blog to see what the other members of the DT have created with this sketch!

http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.co.uk/


Thanks for visiting

Ginny  :)   💕







No comments:

Post a Comment