Monday 24 April 2017

April Mini Card Challenge ***Swirlydoos***

Hello!

Another day another challenge!
I did this challenge whilst I was away recently at my mothers as it was a simpler project to transport on a train then a load of mixed media products for a layout into a small suitcase! I could maybe have done a simpler layout without mixed media but I was quite excited and inspired to do something different for a change and this was the perfect opportunity.

Bec's card challenge at Swirlydoos for April is a set of Mini Cards.

My cards ended up a little bigger then I had at first planned but this was because by the time I had decided what features and dies I wanted to use the card HAD to be a certain size to fit them on! They are however smaller then a regular card or indeed any card I would normally do!
I do have to confess to rummaging through my Mothers die collection too! Its always exciting to use something of somebody else's, something you haven't got, something new!


So lets get on with it! Here are my cards.....




These are simple styled cards constructed using layers. They measure 8 x 13 1/2cms. The card itself is made from White Centura Pearl cardstock from Crafters Companion. This card has a lovely shimmery sheen to it.
The backing paper is a paper from the Prima Marketing 'Ledger' 12x12 pad. I rounded the corners with a corner punch and inked the edges with Distress Ink Walnut Stain. Before sticking to the card blank I wrapped a pretty piece of ribbon around the paper with the ends stuck neatly underneath the background paper.




The pretty tag was cut out using a piece of pink and white dotty paper from my stash and again inked with the Walnut Stain ink and glued to the card over the top of the ribbon.
The cameo heads were cut out using plain white cardstock. The cameos have been mounted on thin foam pads just to lift them slightly of the tag and were not inked.




The two dies I used on my page were:

Marianne Dies - Decorative Tags
Marianne Dies - Lord and Lady

The simple embellishment cluster was some dusty rose coloured twine tied into bows with 1 white blossom flower and an arrangement of 4 tiny pink flowers. The cards were then finished off with some Nuvo Crystals drops in Antique Rose in the corners.




Products used on these cards


Crafters Companion: Centura Pearl Cardstock; white
Prima Marketing:  Ledger 12x12 pad
Dotty pink/white paper
Plain White Cardstock
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
Marianne Dies: Decorative Tags
Marianne Dies: Lord And Lady
Nuvo Crystals: Antique Rose
Dusty Rose Twine
Wild Orchid Crafts: Miniature Sweetheart Blossom: Pink/White
Wild Orchid Crafts: Sweetheart Blossoms: Ivory
Ribbon



Well that's all for today,

Happy crafting!


Ginny :)   💕








No comments:

Post a Comment