Monday 20 February 2017

***Round Robin Challenge at Swirlydoos***

Hello all,


Today I'm sharing my layout created for the Round Robin (RR) challenge at Swirlydoos Kit Club

I am Week 3 on Team 1 following Jan and Bec's amazing layouts.
I was super excited and inspired to be following Bec's super pretty layout and with the theme and twists of this months RR, this layout was a joy to make!

This months RR theme was all about love. We had to use some of our most loved scrapbooking supplies we love to hoard instead of using, and a technique we love to use to.
We then had to any or all of these colours: red, Pink, Black, or White.

So here's my layout:




I used all the colours!

One of my favourite techniques is heat embossing, a basic technique but so useful and effective especially for chipboard. I love all the colours we can get in embossing powders nowadays! I used two embossing powders on this layout, a white on the title and decorative elements and a pink on the Allium flower chipboard.

My paper collection I used for this layout was Dovecraft Sweet Paris collection. I adore this paper collection, and yes, I have been hoarding it for a while. I bought the whole collection when it first came out and have only done one layout with it up until now!

Now for the photo, my gorgeous DD so of course I love her a lot!

Here are some close ups. 




These pictures show all the layering of the embellishments. The stencilling on the background with texture paste and a prima stencil. The layering of the wood frames with the Allium chipboard flower on top and then the title chippie with the heart stick pins make the layout really 'deep'.


The photo is matted twice on Centura Pearl cardstock with the edges distressed. I then decorated the photo with some gorgeous pieces of Add to dictionary chipboard which was embossed with white embossing powder. I altered the colour of my photo to this vintage colouring using PicMonkey.



The buttons all had some cord tied through them and were layered up on some paper flowers of various designs.


I love the little Eiffle tower metal charm from the Sweet Paris collection! The Prima butterfly I slotted in between the mat layers of the photo. This mimicked both Bec and Jan who had put a butterfly in the same place.


The Allium Wycinanka covered with Stampendous Shabby Pink embossing enamel.


A close up of the wood frames, the Wycinanka pieces and the Sweet Paris tag behind them with some Memory Hardware Pearls. 













Products used on this layout.

* Dovecraft: Sweet Paris paper collection 12x12
* Dovecraft: Sweet Paris: Doilies
*Dovecraft: Sweet Paris: Stickpins
* Dovecraft: Sweet Paris: Chipboard Tags
Dovecraft: Sweet Paris: Wooden frames
* Dovecraft: Sweet Paris: wooden buttons
* Dovecraft: Sweet Paris: Adhesive Pearls
* Dovecraft: Sweet Paris: Metal Charms

* Wycinanka: chipboard Allium
* Wycinanka: chipboard Ornamental Wuthering 2
* Wycinanka: chipboard Remember set 
*Prima Flowers: Labelle Calypso #565909
*Prima flowers: Butterfly Imago #580643
* Prima Memory Hardware: Pearls II
* Prima Marketing: stencil
Prima: Finnabair: crackle texture paste white
* Crafters companion: White Centura Pearl Cardstock
* Stampendous: detail white embossing powder
* Stampendous: Frantage Shabby Pink embossing enamel
* Ranger Enamel Accents white
* In House Crafts: two tone pink wild roses
* Magnolia: red flowers
* cord





You can catch up with all the other entries in this month RR challenge here:



Thank you for stopping by today!


Ginny :)











No comments:

Post a Comment