Tuesday 21 February 2017

Let's Get Sketchy February 15th Challenge

Hello everyone!

Here I am carrying from my last but one blog post where I said I wanted to join in with a few more challenges. So the next challenge I've entered is the mid month sketch challenge at Let's Get Sketchy.


Here is the sketch:





And here is my layout!





When I saw the sketch I remembered a die cut circle I had cut with a Martha Stewart circle punch a long time ago and then never used. So out it came, looked at the colour of it and worked out my photo and layout from there.
I wanted to try and soften the circle a little as it was a little in your face in the plain bright pinky colour, which is why I came up with the idea of stencilling a pattern around the punched pattern with texture paste. I did the flourishes first and the went further with the snowfall stencil!
I like how it turned out!
After that it is a simple layout of layered photo mats and tags and a couple of small flower clusters, all quite minimal for me!


Here are some close up's:






















Products used on this layout:

* Trimcraft: Santoro: Mergirl premium backing papers 12x12
* pink cardstock
Prima Marketing flowers: Labelle calypso #565909
Prima Marketing flowers: Divine col. #565251
Prima Marketing: Fairy Rhymes: Wood Embellishments Pegs #563790
Prima Marketing: Princess: Tag Me #573263
Prima Marketing: Junkyard Findings: Street Signs #892166
Anna Marie designs: Dried flower
Tim Holtz: Distress Marker Peacock Feathers
Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste
Martha Stewart: Circle Punch set doily
Nuvo: Crystal Drops: Neptune
Prima Marketing: Stencil
Echo Park: Stencil: Snowfall


Thanks for stopping by, hope you liked this layout,


Ginny  :)  ðŸ’•





No comments:

Post a Comment