Saturday 31 December 2016

Shabby Chic Christmas Decorations

Hello all,

I made these before Christmas but hadn't had time to share them with you, so I thought id get a last post in in 2016 before we start a new year!

I got these wooden snowflakes from the NEC show a couple years ago and hadn't done anything with them. So now it was time to turn them into Christmas decorations.




These were so simple to do, I firstly painted them on both sides with white gesso. and then I roughly painted them with Shimmerz Textures Patina and a paint brush to dad the Patina over the snowflakes



Whilst the Textures patina was still wet I sprinkled on some silver glitter,


I decorated them with some pieces of silver snowflake ribbon, small pieces of  white organza as a base to the  flower clusters



I used some Prima Marketing Poinsettia flowers along with white or pale blue roses, pearly spikes and some metal snowflake charms.



A little touch of glitter on the edges of the roses petals as a finishing touch and a hanging string.



So 2016 is nearly over, I look forward to seeing you all next year!


Happy New Year!!


Ginny   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment