Saturday 2 July 2016

'PLAY' - design team layout for CSI Major Case File 205

Hey!

It's a new case file at CSI - color stories inspiration, Major Case File No. 205. This case file challenge runs all month until the 31st and has a sketch included for inspiration.


              These are our wonderful sponsor's for this month who are donating some fabulous prizes!



This case file has a fun bright summery colour scheme. The idea is that you use all of the colours on your layout but in what proportion is up to you. My layout is done predominately with the blues and yellow, with the black in the texture paste and the pink is the tiny hearts on the washi tape!
You can add neutrals to the colour scheme ( black, white, kraft, cream, grey, brown)

Inspiration for your layout is taken from the 'scene' picture and the 'Testimony' prompts. You choose one element (or more) from this list.
I chose:
*Topic: document spending time outdoors and
*Inspirational Words: outdoors.
From the 'scene' picture I had a feeling of the seaside and beaches so I chose my photo of Holly on her school trip to the beach with her class. Their school uniform tops are yellow so they fitted in with the colour scheme perfectly.


From the 'Evidence' list ( embellishments to use on your layout) I chose to use:
* chevrons
* stripes
* clouds
* labels
* metal
* straws
* wet medium


This layout has a mixed media background using lots of 'wet mediums'.
I used two different stencils with two colours of texture paste. I used two mist sprays, sprayed and splatted to get different effects, and Gesso, splattered everywhere!


I used one photo instead of three from the sketch. I kept the banners underneath.
My papers were all dry distressed.


I used the metal paper clip as my title.
To my background effect I used Ric Rac ribbon and washi tape and also staples to hold my layers together.


A tip for a good mixed media background is to layer all those mediums. But make sure they are dry in-between each addition. I speed this process up by using a heat gun.


I added some Liquid Pearls to the centre of my flowers and random dots around the layout. I threaded and knotted some ribbon on to my ribbon buckle and nestled it in my embellishment cluster.


The straws were a fun addition. I had a whole heap of straws in my drawer for the kids and there just happened to be ones that matched the colour scheme perfectly! I cut them to lengths that were easy to use and poke under my layers.


My layers are matted up with cardboard so there is room to tuck embellishments underneath. This creates depth and detail to the layout.


Products used:

Papers:
* Pink Paislee; Indigo Bleu; Jacquard
* ILS;  Pops of Oz
* Basic Grey;  Urban Prairie; Straw

Other:

Prima; Color Bloom Mist; Sunshine
Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Mist; Pastel Blue
Finnabair; Texture Paste; White Crackle
Finnabair; Texture Paste; Graphite
Gesso
Prima Marketing; Got Flowers; Bright
Liquid Pearl; Buttercup
Teresa Collins; Enamel Dots
The Crafters Workshop; stencil 'mini the story' 507s
The Crafters Workshop; stencil 437s
BoBunny Blooms; Buttercup Dahlia; crochet flower
Scrapberry's; Paper clip
Cheesecloth,
Washi Tape
Ric Rac ribbon
Straws
Flower sprigs- Anne Marie Designs
Stapler
Wooden Tags

I hope you enjoyed looking at my interpretation of this Case File and that your inspired now to come and have a go at this fun challenge!

Hop over to the CSI website and come and see the inspiration the rest of the design team have come up with. All styles are there, everybody is different, there is sure to be something there that you like and get inspired by! Here is the link to the gallery to what our embers are doing to!

Thanks for stopping by, until next weeks new case file opens! See you there!

Ginny  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment