Tuesday 5 July 2016

One for the Dads!

Hi all,

I am going back a couple of weeks to show you this layout I created for the June Round Robin (RR) challenge at .Swirlydoos kit club. The theme was 'All about Dads' as Fathers Day was in June.
Here is my layout with a photo of me with my Dad many years ago, for Team 3 Week 3, following fellow Swirly girls, LaQuette and Jan.


I followed LaQuette and Jan's layout fairly closely, but I did flip the design to work from the right hand side of the page and not the left. I used the same stencil as well.
I kept the page masculine but with a pop of colour from the orange flowers to bring out the marigolds in the photo.
Lots of distressing and heavy inking and masking with texture paste.
I used Kaisercraft papers from the Time Machine collection.
The papers and Stencil used for the texture paste are from previous Swirlydoos kits.


There are loads of layers in this layout! The embellishments are just layered up on top of each other to create a great effect! I love looking through a layout trying to work out what layer went on first!
I used lots of textures too, bakers twine, plastic string, a netting and a loose burlap weave. Here are a few more photos close up to see the layers.






My chipboard star, (which was made by the 'Southern Ridge Trading Co' and was part of my prize for winning a Sketch Challenge at Swirlydoos) was covered with embossing powder and then I mucked around with some Walnut Stain Distress Stain and then finished with dabbing over in places with some Gold 'Viva Precious Metal Colour' paint.
The hinge just had the Viva Gold paint on it.

For more details on Swirlydoos Challenges and becoming a member/subscriber of Swirlydoos and their gorgeous kits please visit the forum

Thanks for stopping by

Ginny    :)





No comments:

Post a Comment