Friday 3 June 2016

Swirly Girl Challenge (SGC)

Hey there!

This month I am hosting the SGC challenge over on the SWIRLYDOOS forum.  This is where members of the Swirlydoos forum set their own monthly challenge for us all to have a go. I have never done one before but thought  'hey why not'? so here we are!
Swirlydoos is a world wide monthly kit club from the USA, so I was trying to combine an element from there and incorporate something from the UK as well.
June is the first official month of summer and along with it the Summer Solstice here in the Northern hemisphere. In the UK the longest day ( of sunlight) is June 20th.
Having done a little research I notice that its the 'Great Outdoors' month in the USA, so taking all this into account I decided that my challenge would be about summer and being outdoors.
BUT there's a twist! I'm adding a Bingo board, a craft version! The idea is you choose any straight line of four items, whether vertical, horizontal or diagonal and you HAVE to use these on your layout or project.



 I created two layouts for inspiration for this challenge using two different lines from the Bingo board.

                                           Here is the first one, using the diagonal line :-

                                Use a Die  -    Paper Folding   -   Chipboard  -  Leaves/foliage


This layout is a summer holiday photo of my family on Torquay seafront a couple of years ago.

This layout is done on a We R Memory Keepers White Out 'Promenade - Parasol' paper backed with a beige Bazzil cardstock. I found the piece of green and orange paper, in my stash which matched perfectly with my photo. I have used a paper only a 180gsm so it is easy to fold. I folded the paper like you would to make a paper fan, 3 times from each end of my 12" wide paper leaving the middle flat to place my photo over.
The flowers and embellishments are all from previous Swirlydoos kits.

Use a Die - Tattered Lace - Foliage & Joanna Sheen Signature's - Ivy
Paper folding - the green and Orange paper
Chipboard - BFS chipboard Ornate Sign
Leaves/foliage - die cut leaves & Hydrangea leaves










No. 2 layout I used the horizontal line of :-

Diamond Shapes   -  A Tag   -  Garden Architecture  -  Leaves/foliage


My layout is about my one of my favourite outside things to do and that is walking in the countryside. In this case it was a walk in the Bluebell woods near to our home.

This layout has been created with a Blue Fern Studio Courtship Lane 'West Plaza' paper from the Swirlydoos  Purple Haze kit. All the embellishments on this page are from previous Swirlydoos kits.

My Diamond shapes is the texture paste through a TCW stencil 'mini harlequin'.
My journaling I wrote down, then cut up into strips and inked the edges.
My Garden Architecture is the Prima Shabby Chic Bird bath.
And a whole variety of leaves/foliage - paper, material, wood.







For more details on this challenge and to join in please come and visit us at the Swirlydoos forum using this link

Thanks for stopping by today

Ginny    :)






No comments:

Post a Comment