Sunday 1 May 2016

Trash to Treasure

Good afternoon,

We have had a bit of a recycling project going on this month for our SGC challenge at Swirlydoos kit club, run this month by Peggy. We had to turn some trash into treasure!  Here is the link to this challenge on the Swirlydoos forum http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/sgc-april-2016-spring-cleaning/

Here is my 'treasure' that I have created from a certain brand cardboard washing powder tablet box from a supermarket!


I covered my box initially in gesso and then with a 6x6 Prima paper pad 'En Francais' collection, that has been collecting dust in my stash!


               This pale blue crotched lace trim was perfect to run round the edge of the lid.
                                    The lovely vintage clasp is from The Hobby House.



I loved the colours in these papers, browns, beiges and pale blue are my favourite! I fussy cut the chair on the front.



I added a little masking with my favourite stencil from The Crafters Workshop, 'mini harlequin'.
In my embellishment cluster is a frame made with Martha Stewart clay and mould, which I rubbed some Creative Expressions 'Cast Bronze' Guilding Wax over the top to just catch the risen areas.
I have nestled in among the cheesecloth and string of pearls the pale blue flowers from the Hobby House, the brown lilies by Magnolia and the big rust flower from the Darjeeling collection by Petaloo, finished off with pieces from a  Zva Creative Pearl Flourish.

Now for the inside.





                                  My edges have been inked with Distress Ink Walnut Stain.



My decoration inside the lid is an ATC my Mum made for me. I thought it looked perfect in my box!
                                                                    Thanks Mum!




                So there we are! I think I am now off to see what else I can recycle and alter!!!

                                        Thanks for popping by, see you soon,

                                                               Ginny  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment