Sunday 15 May 2016

Swirlydoos sketch challenge for April

Morning,
                 its the most beautiful Sunday morning here in Wales in the UK. I'm sat outside in the morning sun with the birds singing away, an aeroplane going overhead, a cup of tea, all is good except I've got to go to work in an hours time! Boo Hoo!
So a quick post before I shoot off, here is my interpretation of the Swirlydoos kit club April sketch challenge. Please visit the Swirlydoos forum to read more about all the challenges that go on there. Just click on the Swirlydoos link in purple above to go there!


And here is the sketch I followed.


For this challenge I used some Blue Fern Studio Deja Vu papers from a previous Swirlydoos kit club.
I did a little fussy cutting to get the sign on my page and cut out two floral strips to make into banners to add as well.
I added some Cosmic Shimmer Lilac Night mist onto the background, inked my edges with Distress Ink pad  Milled Lavender and the outer edge of the background paper with Distress Ink Dusty Concorde.
The name strip from the bottom of the paper I added as a feature across the page with some self adhesive lace ribbon from a previous Swirlydoos kit.
The flowers are a mixture. The big ones are both Prima, on the left a Tales of Me & You flower and the sandy one on the right is a Seashore flower. The other flowers came from Scrapberrys.
I added some BoBunny brads and pearls from a previous Swirlydoos kit. Two types of alphas and the grid effect paper from my stash. The swirls are cut with a die from the BFS papers. I  have to admit to not remembering the brand of die - sorry.  
The sign and photo are lifted up with cardboard to give some depth to the layout.
And the star in the photo....well that's my gorgeous Holly, always willing for a photo session and having Mummy playing with photo angles, like in this photo! This was one of our walks with the dog from back in March.

So now for some close ups to how things a bit better!











I hope you like this layout, please leave comments, its lovely to see who has been visiting!

Ginny   :)





No comments:

Post a Comment