Saturday 28 May 2016

Case File 201 for csi-color stories inspiration

Hello all,

Today I have got my DT layout for CSI color stories inspiration Case File 201.



Here's a peek at the case file.


My clue I used from the testimony list for this layout was

* document something about your pet

My story/ journaling tells how after my youngest, Holly, started school and I was left alone at home on my own, my husband let me go and see some Labradoodle puppies I had seen advertised and let me have one! On thinking about this at a later date the realization was that my Husband thought a puppy preferable to baby number 3!

My Evidence used was

* animals
* trees, flowers
* clouds
* diamonds, triangles   -  stencilling and stamping
* stripes  -  on the brad
* architectural element  -  the chipboard window frame
* transparent stuff  -  the tree branches on the transparent overlay
* frame  -  on the transparent overlay on the journaling

I layered the mint cardstock onto the brown cardstock with a 1cm border. The patterned paper was heavily distressed to show the mint card underneath, randomly  punched in places around the edge, inked and layered on top of the mint cardstock. Where there was heavy distressing I poked cheesecloth underneath.


For my background I mixed some coloured paint in with my texture paste to match the colour in the case file. I then used this through a Crafter Workshop stencil, Mini Harlequin. I stamped randomly with the Kaisercraft Triangle stamp in Walnut Stain.
I stamped the branch from the Card-io stamp set with a Gathered Twig distress pen and the flower from the same set with the Abandoned Coral distress pen.



The Dusty Attic window frame chipboard I embossed with white embossing powder.
The leaves in my clusters where actually attached to a ribbon but I snipped the threads to free the leaves and used them separately.


The branches are a transparency overlay. My journaling I wrote on a piece of card cut to fit the frame of the overlay which was placed over the top of the journaling. The cute little clouds are a die which my Mum has and she cut a few cut for me! They are inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.



Product list:

Coredinations cardstock mint blue/green
Dovecraft cardstock brown
Patterned paper
Kaisercraft stamp - triangles
Kaisercraft transparent elements
Card-io Magestix stamps - Oriental Blossom
Prima Flowers
Die - Clouds
My Minds Eye Brads
Martha Stewart Pansy Border punch
Distress Marker pens - Gathered Twig & Abandoned Coral
Prima Color Bloom - Soft Teal
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Dusty Attic - Window frame
Stampendous Embossing powder detail White
Word Sticker - Prima Lifetime Journal spot stickers
cheesecloth
Leaf & flower ribbon.


If you fancy a go at these Case File challenges, then pop over to the CSI forum and come and join us, you maybe our lucky winner!!  http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/

Thanks for popping by today, come back soon, 

Ginny  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment