Wednesday 6 April 2016

Mixed Media Timeless Layout

Hi All,

Today I've got a mixed media layout to share with you. I do love getting messy and 'playing' with 'messy stuff' to add another feature to my layouts !
This layout is created with Blue fern Studios 'Timeless' paper collection and is about 'Me' !
My photo is very glossy and no matter where or how I photographed this layout I couldn't get rid of the shine on my photo....eerhh !



The papers and embellishments are from Swirlydoos February kit and I added a Dusty Attic chipboard pieces.  The chipboard piece under my photo is actually the waste of a previous chippie I had used on another layout - I never throw anything away !


My beautiful Prima flower is product number #586850
The Burlap flower underneath it is Petaloo Daisy Layers Burlap 'Natural'.
The wood elements are Prima Salvage District Wood Embellishments #583774


I used Stampendous Frantage Gold embossing enamel on the Prima Rub-ons and placed the Prima Metal butterfly over the top.
The lovely rusty look heart is from Prima Finnabair Mechanicals metal embellishments 'Tin Hearts'  #963361.



I used Dusty Attic Wire Dress Form #5 with a mixture of Stampendous Frantage Antique Gold  & Antique Silver embossing enamel.
I added the beads with blobs of glue.


On my mixed media background I used my favourite stencil, The Crafters Workshop 'Mini Harlequin' with crackle texture paste. I also used TCW stencil 'Mini Tile Texture' with Shimmerz Dazzler 'Spun Sugar'. I stamped with Black Staz On Ink with a Indigo Blu Script stamp and misted/splatted with a Purple Cosmic Shimmer mist. I also used my favourite stamp of the moment, Finnabair Wood Mounted Butterfly stamp.
These products are all allowed to dry in between each application before the next one is added over the top. I use a heat gun to speed the process up. The only product that really needs 'air time' to dry is the Shimmerz Dazzler.... time for a cup of tea !


The metal butterflies are Prima Finnabair Mechanicals 'Grungy Butterflies' #963408
There are different size butterflies in this pack.
On top of the butterfly is another heart from the 'Tin Hearts' pack.


The Clock and Vase are from Prima Salvage District Ephemera pack, which I have poked into my embellishment cluster.



I finished the layout with some Gesso splats and some more mists splats over the whole layout.
( cover up your photo first with a spare piece of scrap card before doing this so you don't ruin your photo )

Thank you for stopping by

Ginny    :)






No comments:

Post a Comment