Friday 29 April 2016

Altered Fan

Hello all,

It's been a few days since I last posted, it has been a very busy month with work and children's activities !
But I think I have a lovely project to share with you today. This fan came in our Swirlydoos kit club 'Peggy's Bicycle' kit. It was just a light wood fan all ready for some altering !

So after having so much fun doing what I love best.....adding flowers.... here it is.





I gave the fan a mixed media background, starting with a coat of white gesso.
I then added a layer of Shimmerz Dazzlers 'Spun Sugar' over the top but left the area where I was going to fit the zip so that the area inside the open zip had a little subtle contrast of colour. The Shimmerz colour is very subtle and gives a sheen to the project too, a little difficult to capture in a photo. 
When this was dry I used a green and raspberry coloured mists with water to create my wash background.
I used lots of flowers..... :) ....... lots of Prima flowers from the kit, one of them being the Prima vine I had saved especially for this project, its beautiful. I then added a playing card and butterfly covered in  Crackle Accents from the Prima Ephemera. My title was cut out of one of the Bobunny papers from the kit and again covered with the Crackle Accents. The mauve lace ribbon I cut and folded up and added little bits here and there. The bottle I filled with beads, these are the same beads I used inside the zip area. Scattered over the whole piece are the gold Micro beads.

Here are some close up's of all these lovely flowers.













Here are the main ingredients for those who would like to know what I've used from the kit and my stash.

Prima Flowers; Tales of Me & You Vine; #586256
Prima Flowers; Vintage Emporium; #586560
Prima Flowers; Tales of Me & You; #586263
Prima; Ephemera; Tales of Me & You #583675
Darice Doily Tape; Light Purple
Zip

The Background

White Gesso
Shimmerz Dazzlerz; Spun Sugar'
Tattered Angels; Glimmer Mist; Crème de Rouge
Tattered Angels; High Impact paint; Olive
Ranger; Crackle Accents
Prima Finnabair; Art Ingredients; Glass Beads; Plum
American Crafts; Pop ! Micro Beads; Gold

I hope you love this project as much as I do!
I do love doing a Altered project, for a change, from a layout and they make perfect gifts or home décor !
I hope your inspired to get creating too !

Ginny   :)



No comments:

Post a Comment