Sunday 13 March 2016

Muted tones...

This evening I have a layout made with Swirlydoos monthly kit for February -  Ballad. This kit is full of Blue Fern Studio 'Timeless' papers, a couple of Prima Salvage District papers and lots of gorgeous goodies, it's impossible not to create something beautiful!
This layout is made with the Blue Fern Studio papers. I kept it in muted colours and wanted to create a shabby chic, romantic and distressed look to this.


I used two papers as my background, the top one I tore a section out of to show the one underneath. I wetted the edges of the torn paper so make them more pliable to scrunch up the way I wanted them too and then dried them with a heat gun.
I used a Martha Stewart border punch along the top and bottom edges and inked it with Distress ink Frayed Burlap. I added some crotched lace from my stash here too.
I used white crackle texture paste with a Prima mask in the background of my bottom paper.
I added some Dusty Attic chipboard to this layout. The leaves I simply painted with a beige acrylic paint but left the paint really thick in places to get more texture. The small circle frame chippie I covered with Stampendous  antique gold embossing enamel.
All the other embellishments (apart from doily and Brads in the centre of the flowers)) were part of the Swirlydoos main kit, the Flower Add-on and the Embellishment Add-on kits. These included Prima flowers, Prima Salvage District Wood Icons, Prima metal butterflies and  Petaloo flowers.

Here are some close ups... 











I really hope you love this layout as much as me!
I would love it if you would follow my blog.
Thanks for stopping by

Ginny   :)




No comments:

Post a Comment