Thursday 3 March 2016

5th Week Sketch challenge

Hello All,

Its Week 5 Sketch challenge at Let's Get Sketchy. This month we had a sketch and a mood board to follow and here is my layout....


And so here is the sketch, which you can see I have turned the outside design around but kept the middle design the same way up.





When I saw this Mood board I knew which papers I wanted to use and also the photo to go with it. This is my daughters birthday party and cinema treat for her 7th birthday.
I wanted to do a fun layout, bright and cheerful. The embellishments I wanted to look like the were scattered on the page like I had just dropped them down.
I love tearing paper rather then just cutting it, to get a different look, I do love the distressed look anyway. Inking the edges gives a nice sharp contrast and exaggerates the torn paper.

Products used

Dream Street Papers; Secret Garden; Botanical x2
Prima; Buttons #559854
Prima;  Vintage Trinkets #559663
Prima; Fairy Rhymes; Wood Embellishments; Pegs #563790
Prima; Chalk Ink Pad;  Rose Bud
Petaloo; Flowers; Vintage Velvet Dogwood; Red
Darice; Self Adhesive Pearls





As always here are some close ups......



I wanted to keep a clean look with the embellishments.


This picture really shows off the torn paper edges inked up with the Prima Chalk Ink.


                                   I hope you like this fun layout, thank you for stopping by,

                                                                            Ginny  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment