Monday 26 October 2015

Swirlydoos Round Robin Challenge

Hi All,

Today I'm sharing my layout for Swirlydoos Round Robin Challenge - Team 3 Week 4 following Linda, Andie and Jan’s gorgeous layouts, thanks ladies! http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/october-round-robin-vintage-with-a-fall-twist-sign-ups/



The twist were  * to use Bordeaux as the main colour and fall/autumn colours 
                         * a vintage/ heritage page
                         * To use a Swirlydoos tutorial
                         * to use some texture
                         * to add some mixed media

 For my vintage/heritage page I have photos of my Mum when she was a little girl.
 I used Rae’s filigree chipboard tutorial http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/distressed-faux-filigree-chipboard-technique/ (I love this technique), burlap flowers and I copied Jan’s burlap banner for the texture. I used a mixture of Prima Colorbloom sprays ( Antique Gold, Sunshine & Vintage Coal) and Perfect Pearls Mist ‘Forever Red’ on the burlap banner as the mixed media.
 My paper was out of my stash and quite old, the Bordeaux flower paper is a Simple Stories paper and the spotty paper is My Minds Eye ’29th Street Market’.
Swirly stash was the yellow Petaloo flowers, the Martha Stewart metal filigree shapes and burlap sheet. The other flowers and leaves were from my stash.

Here are some close ups of the beautiful embellishments.




Hope you enjoyed looking at my work today, please leave comments, I would love to know what you think and don't forget to have a look at Swirlydoos blog and forums for more inspiration. Follow the links below.

Swirlydoos Forum

Swirlydoos Blog

Have a good day,

Ginny  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment